Prepare for the Fall 2013
FIRST LEGO League season with these
two-day summer camps in two sessions.
Please read before registering!
- Cost: $10 per day, per student
- Hardship waiver of costs available as option to choose. Applicant will need to show proof of eligibility such as free/reduced lunch letter, Healthy Families or MediCal letter, etc.
- Register individually, not team.
- You may register for both beginners and advanced sessions.
- You may register for one day or all four days. The content will be different each day.
- You may register and pay for siblings at the same time -- just click on "add guest" after filling out the first form and fill out the same form for second child. Ditto for more.
Beginners camp - Aug. 8 & 9, 9am - 2pm each day
Location: University Charter Middle School (formerly Los Altos School) gymnasium
550 Temple Ave., Camarillo
Designed expressly for newcomers to Robotics Roundup. This is an introduction to LEGO Mindstorms NXT. If you've never participated in Robotics Roundup, are moving up from Junior FLL, or just need a brush-up on skills learned from last year's FLL, this program is for you! We encourage new coaches and mentors to participate free of charge.
AM snacks will be provided. Students must bring their own lunches.
Advanced camp - Aug. 15 & 16, 9am - 3pm each day
Location: Las Colinas Middle School gymnasium
5750 Fieldcrest Dr., Camarillo
Designed expressly for students, coaches and mentors who have participated in Robotics Roundup's FLL in past seasons and have used LEGO Mindstorms NXT in the past. Learn advanced programming skills and master new challenges!
AM and PM snacks will be provided. Students must bring their own lunches.
Rules for both sessions:
1. Students MUST already be on a team.
2. Students on PVEF sponsored teams must have already completed their individual registration for FLL.
3. Students must register individually for camp but may attend as a team. At least one parent, coach or mentor must commit to supervising their team each day.
4. At least one adult must attend for every five students. All students must have adult supervision - no exceptions.
Please register supervising adults on our Coaches/Mentors/Parents registration form. Attendance for supervising adults is free.
PVEF sponsored teams as well as all area teams are invited to attend, however, students on teams other than those sponsored by PVEF will only be able to attend this camp on a space-available basis. Confirmation will be given after July 25.
Registration deadline is July 25!